Tuesday, August 18, 2009

SETTING SIGHTS ON...

I have a dozen of reasons to stay. I only have three reasons to leave. But amidst the difference in figure, I need to favor the lesser one… ‘though there is no assurance that I will enjoy and experience what’s making me happy right now.

Inside me, there is a battle between ‘MR. YES’ and ‘MR. NO’. The latter is persuading me to sacrifice the opportunities and to value contentment. While the former is asserting that “Why not give it a try?”

Perhaps ‘MR. YES’ is right. Contentment may be just a quick excuse for us to redirect the statement: “I am afraid to take the risk.”

Perhaps ‘MR. YES’ is right. An attempt to acknowledge and undertake opportunities will pave the way for a happier and more secured life.

Perhaps ‘MR. YES’ is right. If I will turn down such chance, will there be another chance?

Making decisions is indeed a contest concerning the current and the future. It is, for some time, giving up the present in lieu of what is yet to come. Even if this ‘present’ is worth-keeping for and even if the ‘future’ is still yet unknown…

2 comments:

  1. ambot sa imo sUr ai...
    hmp..

    I GUESS 'Mr. YES' is right. . .
    but i haven't heard/read 'Mr. NO''s side...

    hehe.. Godbless you sUr mwa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. how about Mr. No's side? if Mr. Yes has a point How about Mr. No? by the way, you could always turn to Mr. no when things get rough and hard in there. we would always treasure an arkangel like you. CHARING! English UY!!!! GODBLESS

    ReplyDelete